At Danforth, we practice a people-first approach to ideation and design that has allowed our clients to innovate for a competitive edge while spending less time and money bringing software to market. We leverage best-in-class product management and design research methods to substantively improve the business value and user experience of digital products.
Bringing a Website or software product to market is risky business. Many will fall flat with users or go over budget even with the best efforts of smart teams. Some will never make it out the door due to internal challenges, despite huge market potential. Danforth works with your team to mitigate against the risks and guide your company through successful product design.
We turn good ideas into great products.
|Back-office Reporting & Analytics
Billing & Invoicing
Contact/Sales Systems (CRM)
Content Management (CMS)
Media & Entertainment
Dorothy M. Danforth is founder and the principal consultant for Danforth. A design strategist with nearly 20 years in software user experience and usability research, Dorothy is an active partner in helping clients improve their products. Her innovative ideas, humanistic approach, and instinctive talent for transforming research into effective design have achieved broad, substantive results.
Dorothy is an active member of the software community, has spoken both regionally and internationally on the mechanics of software design innovation, and is author of “A Guide to User Research: Stories from the Field.”
- Insightful Analysis – Our goal is accurate insightful analysis. We are experts in effectively interpreting research results into design ideas.
- Research Driven – Our user-centric approach is deeply rooted in research; we use it to drive all of our design decisions. We are at the forefront of industry best practices in user research.
- Accessible – We pride ourselves on being easy to work with and our deliverables are as user-friendly as our design ideas. We know how to make the process enjoyable, too.
- Past Success – Our client list is one of the best reasons to work with us. We have nearly twenty years in user centered design (about as long as it’s been a field) and have helped leading companies substantively improve their products.
How We Work:
- Plan. Danforth works with clients and their stakeholders to create a user-centric research plan that will evolve a planned or existing product’s design. Our goal is a plan that will reveal clear opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver. Once the plan is defined, we execute on it with the client, thoroughly analyze the results, and provide phased recommendations along with specific illustrated design ideas and concepts.
- Socialize. We enhance our client’s ability to socialize designs. We actively assist in communicating ideas (and their benefits) by producing professional presentations, workshops, readouts, and documentation.
- Sustain. Consultation is provided during implementation to ensure the best initial outcome. We then help clients navigate the next steps that will leverage outcomes into sustainable product design process enhancements.